Monday, July 14, 2014

Decision Time

I made a decision. I'm moving to North Carolina in November. I made this decision on Saturday morning or Friday night, I don't remember which, but I reluctantly put my foot down. I had to make a choice...I couldn't keep flip-flopping, for the sake of my own sanity.

That meant I had to tell Joe that I would be leaving. I was very much considering following him wherever he decided to go in life, but I have to deal with the fact that he has his dreams, and I need mine. It's still in the realm of possibilities, I suppose, but I have a bad habit of taking on the plans of the man I'm with and not making my own. So I'm making my own, and I'm going. The conversation with Joe was a difficult one, but we both had a better understanding of each other afterward and had a wonderful evening together. We'll have to see where this unpredictable life takes us.

Saturday, I spent the day with parents before they finish packing and head up. I'm very happy for them...it's been their dream for so long, and they're finally making it happen.

While we were spending time together, a doe wandered into the back yard and began eating leaves from the trees. We went out and my dad actually got within 5 feet of her before she decided to walk away from him. She also permitted my mom and I to come within 10 feet or so, but she wasn't interested in the frozen corn we hurriedly grabbed from the freezer. I don't blame her because I don't like corn straight from the freezer, either.


There's a lot of planning to do, a lot of friends to see, and a lot of worry and stress ahead of me, but I'll get through it. The only way to get out of a rut is to jump out.

No comments:

Post a Comment