Wednesday, December 17, 2008

My first real commission!

So my MySpace and website have finally paid off! I have my first real art commission....I say "real" because the previous ones have all been from friends and family members. There is something so professional feeling about getting a commission from a total stranger who found me through my website.

I'm doing two charcoal portraits of a man's two children, and I'm getting paid $300 to do it! Hurrah! This money will be needed for my study abroad trip to Paris...especially since I didn't get one of the 4 $750 grants the school was giving out. For those of you who don't know, I'm going to study abroad in Paris in summer of 2009.

Anyways, I've started the first portrait. I'm pretty happy about it. I'll post pictures later!

No comments:

Post a Comment