Thursday, February 12, 2009

What I am...

Sometimes I realize something:

I, as a human being and as an artist, am average.

Average.

Average...

I don't WANT to be average...to be noticed by a couple people here and there who have no (or little) talent themselves...then to fade from their minds and live on for a little while in someone else's mind. Thats how average people are known. The important people pay no attention. The truly talented people pay no attention. The successful people pay no attention. There's no reason to pay attention. I'm simply average and my work is average.

What can I do to strive to be top-notch? How can I improve myself and my artwork to be worth something to society...to be noticed by all, not simply by those who are only interested in the fact that I can make pretty things?

My art is all I've been given at this point in my life...its all I have to focus on. God wants me to do something with it, but WHAT?


I don't want to be average. I will not remain average.

1 comment:

  1. I have to say that I am one of these people who actually dont have any talent in painting. I am a photographer.
    I cannot judge the quality of the painting itself but what I can say is that the composition, colors and atmosphere of your images are absolutely breathtaking. I dont know if this is worthy to you at all but if you want to see whether I have an idea of what compostion et. means please visit my blog or flickr page. I would say that I can judge it. Dont be too hard on yourself what you are doing is way more than average!

    greetings Ivo

    ReplyDelete