Thursday, March 12, 2009

79 Days

I'm 79 days away from Paris. 80, if you count the fact that its going to take a whole day to get there, haha. I can't wait...I keep thinking about all the baguettes and brie I will eat while I'm there. Yummmmy.

I got excellent news yesterday, too; the Honors College at USF gave me a $1500 scholarship to help pay for the trip! That will take care of the last payment fees and leave me with $100 to put towards food while I'm there.


In other news, I turned in a huge project today in my class called Real Word. We made presentation portfolios meant to mimic that of a portfolio for job interviews and requests for gallery representation. It was really expensive (about $200) and really time consuming. However, now I have plenty of pretty photos of my work printed in 8x10 and many many more photos of my artwork on my computer. Hurrah.

Here is one now!



Nude model in my Intermediate painting class...finished it a couple weeks ago. Oil on canvas, 24"x36"

3 comments:

  1. Oh man, I wish I was going! Are you using the trip for your extended studies? I was looking today at the glass case with students in Paris, the food looks to die for. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kallie! Yeah, I'm using the Paris trip for my Theme Studio class and the Venice trip for my extended studies. =) I'm very excited about baguettes and brie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome, two birds with one stone! I keep looking at one of the pictures, its just a glob of gelatto with fresh strawberries on top...glorious.

    ReplyDelete