Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Flashback!

I decided that once a week or so I am going to post old photos from my childhood and reminisce. Should be fun for two main reasons:

1. I get to remember growing up, which is usually pretty awesome.
2. You get to see me as the nerdy child I was, and we can all have a giggle together.

Today's post is about something I noticed while looking for the perfect photo to blog about. I never realized it until now, but I think most of my childhood consisted of me wearing clothes that were much too big.

Exhibit A:


Disney...sometime after the first Toy Story came out, judging by the Toy Soldiers. Just LOOK at that jacket. Where are my hands? I don't know. (I'm also digging the pink sweat pants...aren't you?)

Exhibit B:


Disney again...I'm guessing the same weekend but different day. In front of some sort of Pirates of the Caribbean display? Anyways, I'm rocking the Sarasota sweatshirt but my hands are still nowhere to be found.

Exhibit C:


This may be the same year as well (or maybe a bit earlier, since I don't have glasses yet). I remember that dress...it was my favorite dress ever, and I wore it almost every Sunday for church. But look...my fingers are barely poking out of those puffy sleeves.

So it seems that my hands were in hiding for much of my young life. I wonder why Mom and Dad had so much trouble finding shirts that didn't eat me alive? Hahaha.


Note: Young children can not be held responsible for pink, high-water sweat pants and oversized sweatshirts bearing the name of the town they actually live in. Pleaseandthankyou.

2 comments:

  1. God Bless you...you wore clothes that were too big because you had a big sister. This is similar to the mistake I made with Amy...I bought her clothes that were 'neutral' so I could pass them down to Joe. You'll understand someday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, Karen, I suppose parents do what they have to! While searching for photos, I found one of my sister in one very distinct shirt that I'm wearing in a photo a few years later. And I still own a pair of gym shorts that she passed on to me when I was 12 or so. They're great shorts, I'm amazed they haven't disintegrated yet from over 14 years of use.

    ReplyDelete