Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Back from a long hiatus

I haven't updated in a long time. If anyone cares, I apologize!

The end of the semester was a whirlwind. I had final projects up the wazoo and very little time to finish them.

Sculpture was an absolute disaster. I won't even waste my time writing about it. I got a B+ in the class (somehow).

Drawing was so-so. I know I could have spent much more time on my three ink drawings, but my focus was mainly on my Real World assignments at the time. I got an A in the class.

My Real World class is finally over, thank goodness. It was an absolute nightmare. I stayed awake all night the day before my final journal project was done completing assignments in Starbucks. God bless whoever invented the 24 hour Starbucks. There is only one in Tampa, and it was 20 min. away, but it was worth it. I got a B in the class (which is a miracle because I wasn't sure if I was even going to pass.

And finally, Intermediate Painting is over, though, I have to take 3 more. Elisabeth Condon was my professor, and she is amazing. You can find her website here. Check out her art, its well worth your time.

My final project for my painting class were three 4' x 5' paintings, in oil, of my classmate Tim sneezing.



It was probably the most fun I've ever had painting in my life. I've made a commitment to never paint smaller than 30" x 40" ever again, and even that seems a bit small. The large canvas was soooo much fun.

Anyways, its time to go to work. I'll update again soon, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment