Monday, October 26, 2009

I Give Up

Ok. I give up! I'll do it! I'll go to see the doctor!

That was just me letting my body know that it has won. Tomorrow I will be heading to the student health center to see a doctor because this morning I woke up with a swollen, painful armpit.

Yep. My armpit.



Let me provide you with some context so that you will understand why a swollen armpit is forcing me to go to the doctor. I've been getting fevers. They're usually low, except that one last night was pretty high, I think. I've gotten 4 or 5 in the last two weeks. That's weird, right? There are never any other symptoms...just the fever and the dizziness and fatigue that comes with it. I take a Motrin, it goes away, and stays gone for a few days. Also, my skin has been really sensitive. I don't know if anyone else experiences this, but when I have a fever, I get really sensitive skin. Anything that touches it feels like sandpaper. Well my skin has been nearly-constantly sensitive since I started getting these fevers.

A few days ago, my muscle by my right armpit started aching. I thought I must have strained it, though I couldn't recall how. Last night it hurt worse, though I figured it was just because of work. Well this morning I go to shave and notice that its all swollen compared to the other armpit, and it also hurts. Whaaat the heck? A swollen armpit? I've never heard of that.

First thing that pops into my mind:

Its cancer.

Second thing that pops into my mind:

Its not cancer, but if it was, that would be a horrible place to get it.


My armpit? REALLY? Is that normal? I mean, if everyone gets a swollen armpit from time to time, I'm totally cool with it. Yes, its kind of weird, and yes, the extra sweating (did I mention that I'm sweating a little more than usual from that underarm?) is pretty annoying, but if it happens to everyone, I'm down for a little armpit swelling.

If my body is just being complicated, I'm going to be pretty T.O.ed, make no mistake about it! I'm pretty baffled.

No comments:

Post a Comment