Monday, October 26, 2009

Waiting Part II

Today my swollen armpit and I are waiting in the doctor's office at school. The waiting room smells like poop, and there are twelve other sorry looking souls in here; I feel extremely healthy in comparison. I think I recognize two of them from Sarasota...its pretty weird when you go to college and in your "last" year, you think you recognize someone you probably haven't seen since elementary school...or those horrid days at the Boys and Girls Club.

Anywho, the smell is awful and I'm cowering in a corner because this place is a cesspool for germs. Nearly everyone is coughing, or has a puffy face, or is slumped halfway over in their chair. I coughed twice already...I haven't coughed in months, but I sit in this room for 10 minutes and I cough. I'm hoping its all in my head.

I have class at 11:50, but I have a feeling I'm going to miss it, or part of it. My professor will not be happy. I have a project due on Wednesday. Ugh, whyyyy? I will never take so many studio classes ever again. This has been motivation-suicide.

By the way, after talking with my academic adviser, I decided to stick with the BFA in studio art instead of switching to the BA. I would feel like a quitter if I didn't, and since I don't know what I want to do with my life, whats the hurry to get out of school? It's going to take me another year and a half, though, because I have no money; I can only take a couple classes at a time. Oh well...at least it won't be a year and a half of quite so much crazy as this semester.

Alright, I'm going to stop writing in case I get called soon. I doubt I will, but here's to wishful thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment